What are Oracle Fusion Applications?
Oracle has developed a new generation of applications to respond to business challenges, creating a new standard for innovation and choice. Built to work with other enterprise and industry applications, Oracle Fusion Applications automate business processes and support better decision making, while preserving customer choice of solutions and reducing IT costs. With Oracle Fusion Applications, companies can deploy advanced technology to tackle their most critical application problems without disrupting their overall IT strategy.
Using the latest technology and incorporating the best practices gathered from Oracle’s customers, Oracle Fusion Applications is a suite of 100% open standards-based business applications that provide a new standard for the way businesses innovate, work and adopt technology. Delivered as a complete suite of modular, service-enabled enterprise applications, Oracle Fusion Applications works with Oracle’s Applications Unlimited portfolio to evolve business to a new level of performance. Whether it is one module, a product family, or the entire suite, Oracle provides businesses with their choice of all advancements pioneered by Oracle Fusion Applications, at a pace that matches individual business demands.
Oracle Fusion Applications can best be described as:
- Built on an open standards-based platform
- Based on best practices business processes
- Deployed through a selection of options
- Built with security as a priority
Standards Based Architecture
Oracle Fusion Applications is standards-based, making it highly adaptable. This standards-based technology enables you to respond effectively to change with flexible, modular, user-driven business software that is powered by best-in- class business capabilities built on open standards. Its technology framework includes the following products:
- Oracle WebCenter Portal provides design-time and runtime tools for building enterprise portals, transactional websites, and social networking sites.
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g provides a full range of business intelligence capabilities that enable you to analyze, present, report, and deliver organizational data.
- Oracle WebCenter Content enables you to leverage document management, Web content management, digital asset management; and records retention functionality to build and complement your business applications.
- Oracle SOA Suite provides a complete set of service infrastructure components for designing, deploying, and managing SOA composite applications. Oracle SOA Suite enables services to be created, managed, and orchestrated into SOA composite applications.
Oracle Fusion Applications Architecture Design